Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Week 2 Magic Fun!


       I was called "best mom ever" and "coolest mom in the world" several times after today! Apparently, not many moms teach their child fire based potions in the house or make butter beer fudge! This was project week and we had a blast to be truthful I loved every minute of it! The potion we did today was burning basilisk skin and it was awesome! I knew it would be wonderful so after she finished all her mixing I decided to video the outcome. 


































      After the potion fun she wanted to see just how dragon drool would react if poured on concrete so I happily let her proceed. 





     She was thrilled with the outcome and happy to see it burned quite well. So we learned what a flammable substance dragon drool was that is for sure!




     That was our potions lesson for the day and now onto Quidditch which is flight. Years ago Scholastic put out these Harry Potter science kits and while it took quite a while I managed to hunt almost every single kit down for Magic School. Today we made a flying key. 












     For Arithmancy we used the Math Magic kit. The kids were pretty thrilled with the trick they learned!














     For Magic Creatures Skyler had fun creating a dragons egg. She is hoping that at some point a baby dragon will magically appear!











       During Cauldron cooking we made some yummy butter beer fudge! My kids are really getting into cooking lately and look forward to it all week. 







      Fox couldn't resist helping out. I think he just wanted to taste it all!





















      All in all AMAZING day! Everything turned out great and my little witch had a blast! Happy spell casting!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment