Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Witches And Wands!!


       This week was all about witches and wands! We made some wands that light and even some to eat! We also watched the history of witches!









        Licorice covered in chocolate??? We are so down for that!

       After our Cauldron Cooking we played around with some circuits and made a light up wand! Full disclosure this was not my idea but another amazing  Hogwarts professor came up with it. Be sure to check out her blog for a video! I never do well with electrical stuff but it seemed easy and fun so we had to try it out. I was truly worried it wouldn't work because let's face it, after the electricity kit Fox had this past summer I was not too trusting with this sort of stuff!












        We tested it out before taping it up and it worked!! The hardest part was getting the copper tape to stop rolling back up, other than that it was easy peasy!








        No spell casting in daylight!! After the book work part of her day was over we settled in to watch Witches!




        It was a fun day. It was a special day that is just ours. It was magical. Happy spell casting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment