Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Wizard School Field Trip!!!!!

       We had so much fun at the Wizard's Training Day in Gainesville! At first Skyler was a little leery thinking it would be all little kids but she brightened up when she saw plenty of older kiddos and even adults. Today is also the day I realize I really need to use my new phone because this camera is just crazy. Her awesome pictures do not look so awesome. We had an awesome day though!








       Up first is to get sorted and no surprise she was Gryffindor!!! When they announced her name and house over the speaker she was a bit shocked! She wanted to know how that hat knew her name and all I could say was well, it's magic! 




        She made a wand at Olivander's and immediately began poking me with it!








       After making a wand it was on to the potions! She chose to make a love potion!









        She had fun posing for pictures forever flashing that peace sign! 


        Up next was Divination where she got to learn all about palm readings. They even gave her a handy little chart to keep. 









        We of course had to stop and fill up on snacks as well. I mean it is The Leaky Cauldron why would you not stop?







        This little train was just the cutest thing ever! 






        I will say upfront she did not want to play Quidditch. She is not a sporty child at all but I got her to try. After all she wanted those house points!


        See that ball?? It is coming right at my little witch!! Come on Skyler catch the ball!!!!



        Well, she caught it...with her face!!!! I waited for her to turn and cry at me. I waited for the, see I told you I can't do it. I waited for the frustration when her Gryffindor headband was knocked off and I waited for the sad face..SHE LAUGHED!!!! She was laughing so hard and screaming with delight I was shocked! She was having so much fun. She grabbed her headband tossed it at me and went right on playing and laughing and having a blast. For just a minute my shy child was surrounded by strangers and instead of pulling in to her little self she shined so bright! 



        She had to take a picture with the animal man himself! Hagrid is the best animal guy and we all know Skyler is the best animal girl! 




        This was an amazing afternoon! For a few hours she ran around in a magical world and had a blast! She forgot to be shy, she laughed and talked to other people. The wonderful people that put this together were simply perfect in the way they treated the kids. They were totally in character and went all out to make this a great day for the kids. I wish this church was much closer to us because we would go here! Once again this weekend I was asked why do you do this Magic School stuff with her? isn't she a little old for all that?
         I do it because the days are long but the years are short. One day fairy tales, magic and fairies and will be all forgotten but she will remember the days I took off work to do this stuff with her. She will remember learning to melt chocolate to make frogs. She will know all about chemical reactions and how to make fire from potions. She will remember that sometimes doing what you don't wanna do could end up fun from Quidditch. She will know all about plants and flowers from Herbology. She will remember so many things from Magic School. I hope that as she grows up she can still find the magic in the every day world. 
                         Happy Spell Casting everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment