Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Magical Field Trip!


         We had so much fun! The traveling exhibit of Harry Potter's World Renaissance, Science, Magic and Medicine was local! I actually stumbled across this years ago but it has never been close enough to visit so this was really cool to finally be able to go!



       So much of the Magical World is from actual history. It is so interesting to learn where certain ideas and such are rooted from. 







       I really enjoyed reading about the actual people who lived so long ago yet still have impacts in our lives. I also enjoyed reading their quotes as well. 








        
       I feel this statement alone speaks volumes! A lesson most of humanity needs!































       I think the world was way more "magical" so long ago!







    
    Some of the quotes from the Harry Potter books are pure genius! This could stand for so many things in all reality. 




      Skyler said this reminded her of how people have been treated in the past for being different. 









       She really enjoyed reading about the mermaids and mermen and seeing that people have thought of these magical creatures long before Harry Potter!




      We had so much fun reading the thoughts of people from so long ago as well as seeing the pictures and books left behind. Most ancient books cannot really be photographed due to damage it can cause so even though they were written in Latin it was still enjoyable. 




























       She of course had to bring a wand! I am hoping I can come across many more magical field trips!! Happy spell casting!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment