Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Herbology Day!


        Skyler has been wanting to try out her wax sealer so that was what she chose to do as soon as school started! I will say it was pretty cool. She wants more seals now! She was kind of weary about using the lighter so I lit a candle for her to use instead. 
















       Years ago I started buying these Harry Potter science kits I mean years LOL, we have used a bit here and there but I am trying to use them this year. We had a Herbology day today and she seemed to really enjoy it. She read her plant and herb books and we did some activities. I am a bit worried the seeds being so old but we shall see! If I notice they aren't sprouting I may have to trade them for newer ones. 




       First up, Hairy Plants! We grew something like this years ago but she was too small to remember. 











       Of course her kitten Cupid was right in on the action! 




        She had a blast putting on eyes!




        Next up is floating plants and I am really looking forward to seeing how these turn out. 








       These get started in a plastic baggie but we had these cool little window things hanging around. 





        Last up was this little box to make. We planted some seeds and when they sprout we are going to put them in it and see how they grow. 




       She also decided to pull out her Moon and Moth Magic Co. Potions. She pretty much goes her own with them making stuff she comes up with. She loves all the little things with them though. 








       For Herbology Day I managed to find a really cute little movie too!




  
       We watched the movie while she snacked on herbology bites! Cucumbers with garden veggie cream cheese! She also tried herbal tea for the first time and loved it so I am going to have to stay on the lookout for more!












        It was a wonderful magical day! Happy spell casting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment