Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Magic School Day!

        Butter beer ice cream was the first on her list today!! She is pretty much doing everything all by herself now and no longer asking for help so i am pretty thrilled in this area. We just got the recipe off line. 









        This was the extremely messy part! Mixing the whipping cream and she got a bit frustrated with how long it took to make peaks. I think she could have mixed a bit longer but she was convinced it was done. 




        The last step was to swirl the butterscotch sauce in the mix but ours just sort of sank. I was thinking it was because she didn't mix long enough but I was letting her figure it out herself. 




       After we made the ice cream she did her book work. Read her books, worked in her journal and then it was on to potions. This week she picked Monster Mushrooms. 





       This was another one I didn't have all the stuff for so I was glad I read it before hand so she wouldn't be disappointed. 



        We got all of her ingredients together and took it outside to get started. I actually remembered this time to keep fire experiments outside!






        The directions were clear and the pictures were pretty cool. It also has these cool little extras written around the page like what it is used for, how it was invented and some little jokes. That is really cute!










     







        She was able to do everything by herself. I kind of had to remind her to read through it before starting though! My little witch is always in a hurry!










        It was a pretty cool reaction and she enjoyed it. Later she said she wished it had been a bit bigger. I figure if she wants to do it again we can mess with the amounts and make it come out larger. 










        The last part of our magical day was a movie and of course ice cream! The ice cream was overly sweet to warn you. I notice all butter beer things are really on the sweet side though. It also had somewhat of a gritty texture and she said that just maybe she should have mixed it longer. I didn't say I told you so I figure all little witches learn on their own and you just have to stand back and watch them! All in all very good day for Magic School!

No comments:

Post a Comment