Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Love Potions, Arithmancy and Magical Creatures!!

        Skyler had a ton of fun this week in potions! She got to make a love potion! This is another one from The Wizards Workshop book. 










        I still think the cute little jokes and notes on the pages are simply adorable! Skyler had fun "casting" her spell too!

        She was really amazed that the colors just kinda of sat there on top of the unicorn milk. When she first stuck the cotton swap in and it began to move she was in awe! We had tried this once before but we used 2% milk and it didn't work very well at all, this time we used whole fat milk and it worked great!




        Rhyli even enjoyed watching the colors swim through the milk!




        Skyler was convinced this was a heart and is positive her love potion will now work! I am sure this is something will repeat again and again. 










        Skyler struggles so badly with math so when I saw this on teacher's Pay Teacher's I was thrilled! I am really hopeful it will make numbers a bit fun for her! Today we only did the first task. This is something I plan on doing with her each week. 







        This recipe came from her Monster Book of Monsters! It is going along with the new series Mythical Creatures on TV about the minotaur! We couldn't find everything on the list so we skipped some and improvised on others!








        She was happy with her outcome and gobbled everything up! She is still reading all her books and working through her journal as well. Happy spell casting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment