Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Week 5 Of Some Magic!!!

       New week and new Owl Post!! 



        She also decided outta the blue to take a Harry Potter sorting quiz and confirmed her Gryffindor status!





       She did all her book work the night before so she could just play around today. She was very happy with her Owl Post though!




       She recieved a new book from her Witch Studies Professor today!



       I remember this movie as a child but the rule in this castle is you read the books first!



        Charm Post today is taking us on a magical trip to Madagascar in Africa!Today we read our letter and made a notebooking page for it. Next week we will do some other fun stuff and read myths and fables!


        Today we distilled essence of apple juice just like the alchemists of old! You can check out the whole experiment here, you can also watch the video. It has a lot of interesting info about the reasoning behind this and how the original alchemists helped open the world of modern chemistry. I couldn't imagine not having directions for this stuff and these crazy guys just guessed at it all!









        It was a bit lenghthy but I managed with two different videos. She had a lot of fun. This is the last experiment in the Alchemy kit from MEL Chemistry so hopefully she gets some more kits soon!




        Of course Stella had to be up in everyones faces!




        All in all fun magical day! Happy Spell Casting everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment