Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Week 2 of Magic School



There is that tongue again! I love it. We got all our book work done. We read our Daily Profit newspaper and did our Wizard Words. It was fun listening to them make up sentences for that! In our Wizardology books we learned that most wizards have a skull. This can be a great paperweight or when you are lonely you can teach it to talk. So of course the kiddos needed a skull to add to their wizard chests.







Skyler thought it would be able to speak better if it were looking in a mirror LOL!

They also made some Wizards athames which is just a fancy word for knife.





Of course Skyler had to make something on it pink! What a girlie tom-boy she is. Theses are made from a template of a dagger I found online at some card making site. I used foam and cardboard. Fox didn't want to do this so OK whatever.

For potions we made Troll Bogies. I think it is basically just slime but they had a blast. I should have made the ingredients more so they could have played longer with it.


Of course Skyler and Fox had no issue with playing with it but Damian was not going to touch that sticky junk! Still my clean hand kid.

After school was over they all got their Goblin Jobs and happily I mean happily went to work! While Skyler was picking up trash in the yard she found a few friends.


These little frogs are always all over the yard. I have no clue about them. The kids call them sticky frogs and they just adore them.



The happy day of Diagon Alley being opened! The kids could finally spend some money. They were thrilled. Fox and Damian bought unicorn horns and Skyler bought the little pygmy puff she has been eyeing for months now.





A nice cool snack after a long day of hard magic work! Went nicely with their butterbeer.



For more of our day you can see that here.













No comments:

Post a Comment