Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Owl Scouts!


They finally got to register for Owl Scouts! This has been questioned alot since I mentioned it so I had to follow through whether I wanted too or not!



So I put together some owl scout welcome packages. Foldable water bottles, first aid kits, tissues, hand wipes, flashlights and black canvas packs that will double as a patch place. They will put all their patches on the packs. Sashes seemed girlie and vests just didn't feel right so draw string packs it is!


Their mailboxes were stuffed! The little owl box things have a rice treat and their patches. They were pretty excited to wake up to this today!


I also made little owl scout manuals. They have an oath and a law to learn just like real scouts.


These are the patches they have to have. A Hogwarts school patch, Gryffindor house and an owl. Fox is a fledge owl, Damian a night owl and Skyler is an owlette. Only the owl patches are different for each kid. He likes how his water bottle can just hang on the side and when he wants a drink all he has to do is pull it up to his mouth! I know the first thing they will be doing is an Owl Study and they will earn a snowy owl patch for that.





No comments:

Post a Comment