Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Week 2 of Magic Fun!!

     It seems even our cat Gizmo wants to get in on Magic School. This was a rough day. We woke up late and never got through everything we had planned. Regardless of that, we still had a blast!! 


       She started her day off dissecting an owl pellet for Magical Creatures. I felt this was really cool she did not. To her it was gross and poor mouse who had been eaten by an owl. It ended with her burying the poor little bones. What can I say she has a soft heart. I know that comes from me so it is all good. 











     Stella thought it was pretty cool. 







      She did enjoy the movie though so that was a win! She added all the stuff she had learned  to her notebooking pages.



     





      After that it was on to Herbology fun! She looked up some wicked plants and added them in her Herbology text book. 



       Mischief got in on some quill fun!




     She had fun looking up dangerous scary plants and drawing them!








     I was pretty impressed she even went online for more images and information!







      The day was so short we decided to put the other stuff away for next week and move on to Cauldron Cooking! This week was double chocolate ice cream YUM!!!!!!!!


      Ice cream by hand is work let me tell you! It was quite a bit more than a few plastic bags and some salt that is for sure!









      I didn't post every picture by any means! It was work. Cook this, whisk that I have new respect for the people from way back when who did this all by hand with no electricity or better yet GROCERY STORES!!! The outcome was worth it and everyone loved it! I can say it was honestly some of the best ice cream I have ever had! 
 




       Cannot wait for next week!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment