Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 3 of Magic Fun!!!!

     This week in Herbology Skyler received a baby Ziniber (ginger) to plant from Professor Sprout! This is the Mandrakes cousin. Apparently it screams as well! I use many ideas from the Hogwarts Yahoo Groups! 









      She made sure to read all the directions before opening her package! She realized she would have to get the little thing a home ready before breaking him out of his cocoon. 

        
     By the time she was done with this hole her and the dogs could sit in it. The dogs thought it so great to see her digging they decided to help out. By the time it was all over, I had a dirty kid and two dirty dogs!




      Even Stella was curious to know what it was.




     She made sure to have her ear protectors in before opening the little guy. She was very impressed with his impish little smile. 






     Here he is all snug in his new little home where he can watch all the goings on of the school room. 




     She is still using a magnifier to read her Herbology book!


     After Herbology she started reading about gnomes. The book she has is fairly old and beautiful! It is a pop-up book, which she loves, but not for a baby!









      After reading she made a little gnome garden to watch over her baby Ziniber. 






     I made some cursive Harry Potter quotes from this site. This thing is great! It is also FREE!



     
     She made a magical horse on her graph page. 



     We finished our day with a trip to Honeydukes for some sweets!! I think this is her favorite part of the day! (That and mom once more forgetting Arithmancy)




No comments:

Post a Comment