Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Magic Fun Week 6



   This week she finished up watching Animal Planets documentaries about mermaids for Magical Creatures. I found this cool little mermaid soap making kit at Five Below for her to make as a project this week! So she watched the movie, made soap and made a page about the movie for her journal she is putting together! 






     "Hooray"!!!! She also found her class shirt!







     She was a bit sad to see there was no pink dye included.




     She was happy with the results other than the color really only showed on the back of the soap. 





      As far as she is concerned her cats are the most magical creatures of all!!




     For her Cauldron Cooking lesson this week she made bangers and mash. It is basically sausage and mashed potatoes smothered in onion gravy. I am not a fan of onions at all but this was pretty good. It was so good that I had the left overs for dinner that night!










      We finally got a chance to start using this kit I scored earlier this year! I think it is absolutely adorable. It has quite a few projects so we will just do some each week. This week we just got the peat pieces to expand and put them in the little planter box included. 









     She always uses her grid page to make an animal this week it was a phoenix! She also turned her littlest pet shop bird into a phoenix. 








    This is a game called Math a Kazam! It uses a magical wand to make math equations! 



     Now for her journal pages. These were all found online as freebies when I searched Harry Potter planning pages. She has a page about the plan for the day, three or four different pages with spaces for writing and she usually makes a page for each movie she watches and each book she is reading. I love how she turns all the characters into little animals though! There is a grid type page where she uses shapes to make animals. This week she made a phoenix. 











     I am still using this free handwriting maker page for cursive and grammar. 






     These are the books she is reading each Magic School Day. 




     This is the things she used for Arithmancy today. We played the game and did the first chapters activities in the book. 




     We also decided that one week we do projects type things and movies and the next week she would work in the textbooks I had made for her at the start of all this. That will be our new schedule for Magic School. That way she don't get overwhelmed trying to do it all and she still gets to do all the stuff she is wanting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment