Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Magic School Fun Week 7

     
     Well we had an amazing week at Magic School! Someone also got her uniform!!!!!!!!!! I cannot get over how terribly adorable she looks in it either. She had to have grandpa tie her tie since mom is no good with that! She is very excited for our Harry Potter field trip in two weeks in St. Augustine. I am going to go picture CRAZY!!








     So on to our school work. This week was book week. We are going back and forth so she gets to do everything. So one week it is projects and movies the next it is her text books. I also thought I would include some info on how I made her textbooks. Give every one some ideas for magic fun!




     Here she is looking up a magical creature in her Monster Book of Monsters. She then writes about it and draws a picture in her book. 


     Of course to my little witch the most magical creature of all are her cats. I have to say this one is by far her closest buddy. Stella is never too far from Skyler. It has been that way since we rescued her from Big Lots over a year ago. They bonded right off and are truly besties. 





     Stella also enjoys Magic School! This is Skyler and her text books. Fantastic Beasts, Herbology and Arithmancy. All of the covers were made from google images. There are a ton to choose from!




     So this is her Arithmancy book. It is mostly made from the Arithmancy text book from the yahoo group. I just resized it a bit because I wanted her to have smaller books. I also added in some math activities I bought from various sellers on Teachers Pay Teachers. If you just search Harry Potter math you will find a ton of stuff. I just looked for topics that she needs to work on or looked interesting. 











     Now for her Monster Book of Monsters. This is a book cover I bought years ago. I do not even remember where I bought it or what I paid and trying to find it on Amazon has proved hopeless. The inside is a printed text book again from the yahoo group. I just resized it, printed it all out and put it inside the book cover. Now she looks up her monster or creatures whatever she is in the mood to call them and makes a page about them in her text book I mentioned earlier that I made. 











     So this little book is basically notebooking pages that I bought from Build Your Library. She has a few unit studies on harry Potter that are just wonderful! I printed out a bunch of the notebooking pages for Skyler made a cover and had them bound together so she has her own book. She chooses what creatures she learns about each week. 












     Now on to her Herbology book. This book is made from a text book again from the yahoo group! I also added some notebooking pages from notebookingpages.com that I shoved in there in between the little projects for her to research plants and trees each week. We are using Wicked Plants by Amy Stewart and it is wonderful! We were able to see the traveling exhibit earlier this school year which is what started the whole Harry Potter school craze again! The Herbology text book from the group is truly a wonder with all the information and little projects it includes. 

















     Now I also have a handy little list of all the yahoo groups for Harry Potter. The moms who made all this are just the most creative people I can imagine. The hours that went into this must have been a HUGE sacrifice of time. I am forever grateful for them!! So that was our week and all about her cute little text books! I will admist that next week will be projects and it is by far my favorite!! Happy spell casting!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment