Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Magic Fun!!

       Once again I find us playing with fire! She absolutely loves fire portions. This week was a protection spell. It gave us a tough time too! We had to switch out the "cursed paper" twice to find one that would work. She still had a ton of fun though. 







       When telling her not to use this near any of her cyclops friends she informed me that a cyclops was a cannibal and they didn't make good friends LOL!

        I was a bit surprised to see she wanted to be protected from a wendigo....I had no idea these creatures were an issue for her but apparently they are!



   
        She refused to chant the spell out loud but she used her wand and said it in her head and was actually laughing the whole time so I am sure that was a funny spell. 



   
       The potion did not turn out as grand as we had thought but she still had a blast doing it. 




       I wanted to post a few of her cursive practice pages from the new book she received last week. 






        Since we are starting Herb Fairies over to go along with the seasons of growing in our area she is finally doing the activity pages and such that go along with the story. 




        She has also found a recipe she wants to make!




        For arithmancy she is finally working through her Magical Bakery project. So far she is doing all right. Anything with math throws her so I look for anything fun to do with her on it. 













        I did print up a few of the graph pages so she could do a rough draft before the final outcome. It was pretty thought provoking to get everything she had to have where it had to be on the graph but we managed!




        She is still watching the Mythical Beasts series for Magical Creatures and enjoying it. That is pretty much our Magic School Day for this week. Happy Spell Casting!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment