Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, January 10, 2019

New Year New Magic!


       Skyler has a new cursive book!! I found this little gem on Amazon and it was a must have!












        I am basically letting her go her own way and do a few pages that she picks out. 

        In Cauldron Cooking we made a recipe from our Monster Book Of Monsters! This is a book cover I found years ago on EBay and the book itself is made from the Yahoo groups. It is a really fun book we have read about monsters we never even knew of before!








       She is getting so confident in the kitchen these days!











        Her "scales" came out great and tasted yummy as well! She munched on her treat while watching Mythical Beasts The Kraken





        We are also starting over The Herb Fairies books so we can study the books in the order that things are growing around us. First up is Chickweed!




        This week in potions we picked out a transfiguration potion to play with! We are again using The Wizard's Workshop








        She loves all her ingredients laid out with their labels! I am so glad I took the time making all this for her. 











        She truly enjoys mixing everything and seeing how it reacts with different ingredients. 















         I did manage a video of the tower of transfiguration after it was completed. I saw this bottle last summer and knew it would be perfect for this very experiment! 


    
      I also contacted the author of this book to see if another was maybe in the works for us to use next year. sadly it doesn't seem like it will happen. Skyler has had so much fun with this book. I also discovered this books tarted out as something she did with her kids and I may just have to start some research to make Skyler one. Potions are her absolute favorite thing I have noticed any of the ones we did with fire were especially fun for her! She may just be a little pyro witch!!  We also took a little trip to the art gallery and was pleasantly surprised to see some art that we know is absolutely magical! 











        We totally adored the little mermaids! That is pretty much it for our magical week. We had a ton of fun. Happy Spell Casting!


No comments:

Post a Comment