Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Magical Spaces

        Well this is Skyler's Magical Spaces for the year! Of course things will change and get added as the year goes by. First up is my desk of course! After all that is where all the magic starts! I pick stuff up everywhere there is no one place it comes from. 


        I love Fawkes the Phoenix! He was an EBay score for 10 bucks with free shipping! I hardly find cheap stuff but I guess since he was used they didn't think he was worth much!



        

       Her potions/alchemy desk is new this year. I ran out of space on her magic shelf so it has taken over the little desk! All of her potions and things are here. She still plays with her Moth and Magic potion sets sadly I think the company has went out of business. 



        This little shelf usually houses her Hogwarts Christmas tree and any other holiday type stuff she uses. For now the owls will be hanging out here!


        This corner of the classroom is Astronomy or as Skyler calls it The Astronomy Tower! My son hung up all the planets years ago for her while you can't see them there are glow in the dark stars all over the wall by the moon. 


        We have no special spot for creatures because after all they deserve to be free too! They are just pretty much here and there and everywhere she finds a spot to put one!




        This used to be her Wizards Shelf but it just couldn't contain everything! Now it is used for her books and Herbology stuff. 






        The Quidditch broom she has had for so long she don't remember not having it stays by the window! I think it is waiting for a little girl to take it down and play with it again!



        The Quidditch ball my children had to have years ago sits in front of the window as well. She has little boxes to keep nature projects in too. These shelves are more books. She has the complete Spiderwick collection and a ton of the "ology" books. There is more stuff for Herbology as well. 







        No classroom is complete without a blue pixie! Fluffy guards the pixie though keeping him in the cage! The glass greenhouse is usually by a window when it is being used. 





        The poster is from a Spiderwick book and Skyler loves it!




        I love how her owlery turned out! I love owls by the way! The poster is from Amazon it's a map. I was thinking of coming up with a way to mark the places she gets her Charm Post from. The little wooden shelf was actually a wine box that my uncle cut the sliding lid to make shelves! I believe the birdhouse Skyler made years ago somewhere. 



        She insists that cats are magical creatures too so these guys found a home on the top of the math shelves. Skyler owns six non-stuffed cats by the way. They are her favorite!




        Her creatures have pretty much taken over the entire school room at this point!






        That is pretty much it at this time for the classroom! I am sure things will be added and changed as the year goes by. Happy Spell Casting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment