Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Magic Fun Week 8

     
     Today was project day! Sadly the movie with the unicorn didn't arrive in time so we just read a bit about unicorns. She did cook though! We made Kreachers onion soup. I will openly admit we used a package LOL. None of us are terribly crazy about onions but we wanted to try it along with the bread my son enjoys baking. We added some Butterbeer and had a great lunch!








     We did some experiments in Herbology and planted a few things too! I got this garden adventure kit and we are just now starting to use it. We started off checking the PH of water then of the dirt. We learned that different types of plants like different types of PH so that will be handy for future use if she ever decides to have a garden again. We had several fairy gardens last year but the dog decided to tear them up. 














    She did get to paint a stained glass unicorn. 





      We also made some Hogwarts inspired decorations. I printed some pictures from google images, bought those laser cut frames on clearance, spray painted them gold and hung them up! Now she has a portrait wall like Hogwarts! That is pretty much it for our weekly magic fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment