Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Magic Fun Week 9 And A Field Trip!!


      This was our book work week so not any projects but still magical fun! We did finally get our movie The Last Unicorn. Skyler really enjoyed that! 




     Stella Luna is never too far from Skyler. Her own personal petter LOL!


     We use the Harry Potter Vocabulary Builder book for her to look up three words every week. She writes the definition and gives me a sentence!





     We also had a field trip!! St. Augustine held a Harry Potter event. We waited months to attend. We bought the tickets early online and were so very excited! She got her whole little Hogwarts uniform just for this day. It was going to be magical. We read about it online and the excitement grew even more! We talked about it almost every day and just COULD NOT WAIT!!! The idea of this event was amazing. The online description was magical. The event was such a let down :( 


     The food we waited in line for was mediocre at best. They ran out of butter beer in the first hour. The day was suppose to last for eight hours. Skyler was so disappointed. Barely any one dressed up other than of course the guests so she wanted to take off her uniform. She just waked around in her school shirt. 



     The Quidditch field was set up nice. Had the hoops and all. They were using bright blue pool noodles though. 




     There were zero photo opportunities set up any where. I did what I could. I didn't even bother with pictures of The Great Hall, it was a white tent. The train we were so looking forward too had ZERO Hogwarts decor. It said Make America Great Again. There were barely any vendors selling anything cool. 






     This could have been a wonderful day, a magical day with a bit of thought and planning. I mean Pinterest is beyond packed with decorating ideas. I just couldn't even bring myself to take a picture of the guy dressed as Dumbledore, he was wearing jeans. With as big of a deal Harry Potter is the things they could have done for this day is endless, instead it was a HUGE let down. I will be totally honest my kiddos have never been crazy about Harry Potter himself. Sorry Harry! It is his world they adore. The magical world that lived in the books then came alive in the movie, that is what my kids adore. They didn't even have a Honeydukes. 

     Besides getting to spend the day with my awesome daughter and mom the best thing about this place was the park next door. I think she could have stayed there all darn day! The funny thing as we went through the park that was very castle like Skyler had a billion ideas on how they could have made that park the Hogwarts castle! Did I ever mention I love my kids creativity?







     Look mom, these could be some of the Hogwarts portraits! 



     Check it out mom! I am in the castle!




     Look, it is a crying picture!

    
 Here she told me she was hiding in a secret corridor! 








     In those photos she said she was posing with fantastic beasts!














     I tried to get her as many pictures as possible since the event was such a bust! She really enjoyed that park. I hope to go back again before she is too old to love parks! I should have known when I saw the bounce houses there was a problem. They were not even the castle ones. These look like the things people rent for a kids birthday! I truly hate to be so mean about something. This event was widely advertised and people came as far as Georgia and down from West Palm Beach and it was nothing like advertised at all. I will say having my mom and my baby girl for the day was the greatest thing though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment