Welcome to Hogwarts Distance Education, I hope you enjoy seeing our fun as much as I have had in the planning of it. Setting up my schoolroom has always been a big fun deal to me. I do rea;lize that the children are getting older, themes are kind of wasting away for them but I wanted just one more. Just one more big thing before they are just too old to really have fun with it anymore.

The idea started with a few posters and a yahoo group. Then of course we had to have a Honeydukes and before you knew it the kids had thrown around ideas, I saw Harry Potter parties online and this little idea has taken on a life of its own. Because like me my children have to go all out so to speak!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Week 11 Of Magic Fun

     She was up at almost seven to watch this movie! Plants Behaving Badly. It was all about orchids and she was loving how many different ones there were and how many colors. She even had her breakfast while watching it. 



     For Magical Creatures we have started dragons! I adore dragons. I adore anything dinosaur like so that is most likely why dragons fit the bill for me. We will most likely stick with dragons for a few weeks since there is so much to do with them. I have had the Dragonology book and writing set for years. We still love them. 






     I thought the Harry Potter Metal Works Gringotts Dragon project was just perfect. I had NO idea how hard it would be to put together so we will work on it for a while most likely. 









     She loves her dragons coloring book. She has colored almost every picture!









     For Cauldron Cooking we made Shepherds Pie Potato Skins. So it was a little different than the normal pie Ron Weasleys mom makes! Forgive my messy kitchen but we live here! Life is busy and sometimes I just don't think about staging an area for pictures. My house is never perfectly clean, and honestly I don't care. Beyond the normal, the kids are making memories thought, my kids are learning too. 

     Yes we clean up obviously. Just not every moment of every day.




     She told me she was stealing grandpas job. He is the family mashed potato maker! 


     They look pretty good!!






     They were a winner!! She ate four. She was worried she wouldn't like them. After reading she decided to look through her writing set. Then she decided to put it back for the day because she was tired. She finished her page about Dragonology and that was a wrap for the day.








     Hope everyone else had a magical week! Happy spell casting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment